Twitter has become the world’s social media giant – agree or not? It’s evidenced by hundreds of millions of daily users. However, in the early days and even today there are a large amount of users who are not skilled enough to use Twitter. Is it hard? No, it is not. It is just that some people do not want to read basic Twitter guidelines and they spend hundreds of hours on Facebook instead.
Twitter is all about communicating. As Steven Hughes wrote in his blog, “Twitter is a different animal. Twitter is a grind.” You are required to use various tools to enhance your overall Twitter experience. Twitter is used in different ways, from different locations, in a specific time. So it’s impossible to visit Twitter.com every time to post something you want to share.
41 Things to Improve Your Overall Twitter Experience
Use High Quality Twitter Tools & Clients!
I can’t remember when was the last time I visited my Twitter.com profile. I’m posting, retweeting, discussing through different tools, here are 5 most popular tools I use to manage my profile:
Be Smart, Know Your Niche, Post Better
Nobody loves spammers. You need High-quality posts. Two good Tweets are better than hundred bad ones.
7. Be specific do not Tweet about everything.
8. Create Twitter lists! Separate people you follow.
9. Create your own Blog, share your opinions.
10. Share links from other websites
11. Join conversations.
Get More Followers!
You have started using Twitter to share your opinions or to promote your products. Followers are primary currency here.
12. Interact with your potential followers as a guest poster on other people blogs.
13. Use and create Hashtags when posting your Tweets!
14. Consistently share high-quality content
15. Monitor Twitter trends join discussions.
16. Follow the people with same bio you have.
Get More ReTweets!
No Retweets means no followers. You need Retweets to increase your overall reputation and number of followers.
17. Cultivate relationships – this will surely bring more Retweets!
18. Use famous hashtags!
19. Share content of other people
20. Write descriptive headlines
21. Avoid errors in typing because people will not retweet your mistakes.
Analyze Your Twitter Engagement With Some of These Tools
Sometimes later when you gain around thousand or more followers you will probably want to analyze your twitter account more deeply. These tools will surely help you.
22. Klout – Measure your social media influence (Twitter included)
23. Sprout Social – Expensive but effective!
24. Tweetalyzer – Some really good search analytics.
25. TweetStats – Graph your Tweets by hour, month.
26. Twitter grader – Find out how influential you are.
What Already Developed Twitter Users Do
Those already experienced use Twitter on a daily basis for various needs.
27. Tweet like crazy during events (e.g. All football matches have their #hashtags)
28. Use Twitter for news (Learn to search important keywords)
29. Retweet your high-quality posts
30. Share your content on multiple platforms
31. Scheduling posts with Buffer, HootSuite and similar tools.
Tools to Remove Unwanted Users and Posts – Stay Clean!
It’s very important to have your account clean of unwanted followers, spammers, bad Tweets etc. Those tools will help you with that problem.
Connect Your Phone/Tablet with Twitter and go Mobile
Huge percentage of users are depending cell phones and tablets as primary Twitter clients. These are some of the most famous mobile clients:
37. TweetCaster (TweetCaster for Android and TweetCaster for iOS)
38. TweetDeck (TweetDeck for Android and TweetDeck for iOS) Looks like Twitter is slowelly killing TweetDeck apps after acquiring it.
39. Flipboard (Flipboard for Android and Flipboard for iOS)
40. Official Twitter Client (For Android and iOS)
41. HootSuite (HootSuite for Android and HootSuite for iOS)
Twitter is a unique social network on the internet. Unlike Facebook and Google+, it’s not straight forward. It looks easy, but it’s not. Once you grasp all Twitter tips and tricks you will become Twitter expert in a short time. I hope some of these tips helped you. Feel that something missing? Share it with me.
A collection of best resources of articles that can help your Twitter marketing. Feel free to add the articles you come across or written by you to this list.
- crowd rank
I am smack-dab in the middle of a five week social media series, teaching social media to business owners in the Myrtle Beach, South Carolina area. Week One and Week Two saw Facebook and Twitter as the focus for the free, lunch hour session.
Each Monday night, the Social Solutions Collective, which I am a proud member of, hosts a 'Twitter Chat' at 8 PM EST. It is not the most optimum time for this freelancing, busy mom to join in, but about twice a month, I get to join all, or part of, the chat.
"Only those with no memory insist on their originality." ~Coco Chanel When I first started my business and my Facebook Page, I scoured the internet & blog posts for Twitter tips and ideas on how to improve my own overall Twitter experience. I would read, implement and be very excited to have learned something new.
February 11, 2013 As the fourth-largest social network, and the fastest growing in 2012, Twitter has emerged as a serious platform for business professionals to share breaking news, promote thought-leadership content, and engage with customers, prospects, peers and industry influencers.
Twitter Marketing is just one of the many faces of social media marketing that has gained prominence in the last few years. As a social media network, Twitter has also become a choice online marketing platform for tech-savvy B2B marketers, entrepreneurs, and businesses.
Whether for a venture start-up or an established business, reaching out to an increasing number of potential customers remains a common and continuous objective. Different types of communication media are used to meet this business objective, some of which evolved to provide a much greater reach than other alternates.
All Twitter users are trying to increase the popularity of their profiles, some of them are doing it wrong while others do not care. There is no doubt that social networks are the basis for building the popularity on the internet, but for success - knowledge is required.
Twitter has become the world's social media giant - agree or not? It's evidenced by hundreds of millions of daily users. However, in the early days and even today there are a large amount of users who are not skilled enough to use Twitter. Is it hard? No, it is not.
Twitter is a rat race. Tweets fly by at a frenetic pace, and many experienced on Twitter control from third party applications. Users come and go, but if you can get past that first month you're on your way to experience what makes Twitter great.
Please start implementing Lists into your plan immediately regardless if you're a veteran or rookie. Creating and managing focused lists will make your Twitter experience efficient. As your Twitter account grows it can get away from you very quickly. I know all too well.